Love and Fear
Over the course of a few days, keep a notebook close by (or notes in your smartphone).
Be aware of everything that you do and say.
Feel into the motivation behind everything.
What drives you to say or do it?
Is it love
Is it fear?
When you notice a strong sense of love or fear,
Write it down.
Look for patterns.
What is behind your words and deeds?
What effect did it have on those around you?
What effect did it have on you?
“There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.”
Love is your higher self. It is the highest vibration of all. It is the place of pure intention and infinite possibility. When your higher self drives your life you are ‘on purpose’ and empowered. Life and love surges through you; you thrive and all people you touch begin to thrive as well. Love and fear are both contagious.
Fear is love’s opposite and comes from the lowest of vibrations. So many of us live from the place of fear. This practice is a way in which we can become aware of what it is that drives us. It brings us into conscious realisation of what we may already half-know in our subconscious.
Feel into yourself and what lies behind your actions and your words; what lies behind your behaviour. Do you feel that you are a victim? Do you feel that people are looking at you and judging you? Do you feel that bad things might happen to you? Are you afraid of people and their intentions? Then you may be living from a place of fear. Your lower self, your lower vibrations may be driving your life.
Alternatively, if you feel compassion and love towards other people; if you have a sense of expansiveness and possibility; if you feel aligned between your hopes and your daily actions; if you feel a connection between the little actions you carry out every day and your higher purpose and your gifts, then you’re living a life driven by higher vibration, by love.
The latter are more obvious manifestations of love and of fear. They are examples at either end of the polarity. Now look deeper. Seek the half-hidden expressions somewhere between both ends of the polarity. Love and fear sometimes present themselves in subtle ways. Feel into events and reactions in your daily life and reflect on which side of the polarity they are closest to.
If you feel good will towards others; if you feel yourself smiling; if laughter comes easily; if you live in communion with others; if you feel energy flowing through you, then this all lives in the ‘love’ end of the polarity.
If, however, you feel rushes of adrenaline; if you are hesitant to allow instinct to flow naturally; if you get feelings of worthlessness and lack; if you feel shy to bring forth feelings; if you try to dampen down inspiration, if you feel the tyranny of peer-pressure, then maybe these are driven by lower vibrations and fear.
Once you have kept a diary for about a week,
Look at the balance.
Is your higher vibrational self, i.e., love, driving your life?
Or is your lower vibrational self squeezing this out,
Like weeds taking over healthy plants?
If the love isn’t flourishing,
Use the ‘Affirm the Truth’ and ‘Deny Falsehoods’ practices to pronounce the truth,
That your life is beautiful,
That you are powerful beyond measure,
That this world needs your gifts; your brilliance; your genius.
Affirm that you will live according to your higher good,
Deny fear any stranglehold over your life,
Deny any self-limiting belief;
Instruct fear to leave,
Tell it that it has no place in your life
Reach for the sky,
Be the person that Sprit always intended you to be.
Once you have done this, it is a practice that you may have to repeat several times. In fact, research suggests that it can take around two months of daily practice to cement a new habit or a new way of looking at things psychologically. So it might take some time, but gradually, you should find that a combination of the in-working of Spirit and re-wiring of the brain begins to bring forth love and positivity into your life as key drivers. This gives you a beautiful new weed-free pasture upon which any new plants in your life can grown in abundance!
- If you get stuck in a situation, just ask yourself, ‘what would love do’?
- You could also ask, ‘what is my higher self asking me to do?’. In this vein, if you find yourself stuck in unhelpful patterns of thought, use these quick-fire, powerful affirmations to pull yourself back into alignment with your higher good:
‘Higher self now’
- Do you feel your lower self trying to reduce or contract your highest purpose? If so, then reject it. Tell it to go away; tell it that you have committed your life to the higher purpose.
- If you still get stuck, ask yourself the question, ‘what would my life look like if it was driven by love’? Just having a vision of this is ‘psycho-active’ and might be enough to kick-start the conscious shift in your life towards the higher vibration.
- How does it feel for you when you make the shift and let love be the higher power in your life?
- How does it feel to dissipate the power of fear? To be in control of fear?
- Once you have got into the habit of letting the higher power of love be the dominant driver in your life, feel into it - do you feel your light shining brighter? What other ways does this manifest for you? E.g. heavy versus light; expansion versus contraction; infinite possibility versus constant limitation.